An associate in Lewis Wagner's litigation group, Barath S. Raman’s practice area includes the defense of personal injury, product liability, construction accident and defect, and environmental insurance coverage cases. Before law school, utilizing his B.S. from Purdue University in Construction Engineering, Barath worked as a Field Engineer for Mass Electric Construction Company. In connection with the light rail mass transit expansion project in Houston, Texas, Barath coordinated with and drafted contracts for sub-contractors; and, he also served as the project’s Environmental Compliance Manager. Mass Electric later asked Barath to serve as its Conduit & Utilities Field Engineer in Los Angeles, California for the I-405 Highway Expansion Project, where Barath edited civil engineering drawings to reflect as-built installations and coordinated with the various trades on work schedules, procurement of materials, and safety compliance. Barath embarked on his legal career in 2011 by enrolling at the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where he hoped to leverage his engineering background to develop a law practice including construction and environmental law. Prior to joining the Firm in 2014, Barath worked as a summer associate for Lewis Wagner and the Marion County Public Defender Agency in the Major Felony and Appeals Divisions. He performed legal research and assisted in the preparation of numerous court documents for various jury trials. Barath earned his J.D. cum laude from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where he served as the President of the Student Bar Association.
Barath S. RamanAssociate
Read Articles by Barath S. Raman →
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Litigation Section, Executive Board
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Suited Up, Co-Founder, 2015-present
- "Negotiating and Litigating the Damages: Defense Perspective," Damages in Personal Injury, National Business Institute, Merrillville, IN, March 9, 2018.
- Winning Before Trial - The Ten Keys to Winning Depositions, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, Indianapolis, IN, October 25, 2017.
- 9 Ancillary Issues in Personal Injury Litigation, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, Merrillville, IN, October 5, 2016, Speaker.
- "Congratulations on graduation, and welcome to the profession," The Indiana Lawyer, May 30, 2018.
- “Do Not Treat Mediation as Routine and Ordinary,” The Indiana Lawyer, May 3, 2017.
- 39th Annual Minority Achievers Nominee, Center for Leadership Development
- AAU Basketball Coach
- Friends of Riley, Board of Directors
Jun 14, 2017
2017 "Suited Up" a Resounding Success
The Indiana Lawyer
- Dec 16, 2015
May 30, 2018
Raman: Congratulations on graduation, and welcome to the profession
- May 30, 2018
May 03, 2017
Do Not Treat Mediation as Routine and Ordinary
The Indiana Lawyer
- Mar 09, 2018
Seminars and Speaking Engagements
- Aug 11, 2015
- Oct 06, 2014
- State of Indiana, 2014
Courts of Practice
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2014
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2014
- President, Student Bar Association, 2013 - 2014
- Dean’s Tutorial Society Scholarship Tutor, 2012 - 2014
- Robert H. Stanton Intramural Moot Court Competition
- Executive Chair and Founder, Robert H. McKinney School of Law Inaugural Job Fair
- Purdue University, B.S., 2009