An attorney in Lewis Wagner’s complex litigation group, Janelle concentrates her practice in the defense of mass torts and consumer class actions. Janelle has litigated product liability, consumer fraud, false advertising, and deceptive marketing claims around the country in both state and federal courts. She also has experience representing clients in investigations and enforcement proceedings involving various governmental agencies, including the Federal Trade Commission. Since joining the Firm in 2012, Janelle has been instrumental in preparing and presenting several mock trials and innovative focus group presentations in complex and serious injury cases. In the mass tort context, she helped design, develop, and maintain a sophisticated online platform for the efficient exchange of discovery information, the prompt evaluation of thousands of cases, and the creation of a meaningful settlement matrix. Clients appreciate Janelle for her insightful and concise reporting, her practical approach to problem solving, and her creative use of technology combined with outside-the-box thinking.
Janelle P. KiliesPartner
- Rising Stars, Indiana Super Lawyers®, 2016-2020
- Law Student of the Year, Indianapolis Bar Association, 2012
- ALFA International
- Future Leaders Forum
- Product Liability & Complex Torts Practice Group
- Steering Committee Member
- Mini Regional Seminar Chair, 2019-2020
- Future Leaders Forum
- American Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Attorney Networking Committee
- Executive Board Member of the Young Lawyers Division, 2013-2016
- Executive Student Board Member, 2009-2012
- Legal Lines Volunteer
- "Using Misuse as a Defense," Lewis Wagner Newsroom, November 13, 2019.
- "Discover a way to avoid the document dump," The Indiana Lawyer, February 7, 2018.
- “What to Do When Your Supervising Partner Makes a Mistake,” DRI: The Voice, August 29, 2012.
- “How to Scale the Tower of Babble,” DRI: The Whisper (Volume 8, Issue 2) (co-author), 2012.
- You? Yeah, You're Biased. Negotiating and Overcoming the Unconscious Bias, ALFA International Webinar, May 15, 2020. Click here to view a recording of the webinar.
- The Game is On: Are You In? (You Have to Play or You'll Never Win,) ALFA International Client Seminar, February 28-March 2, 2019.
- How to Apply Rules to Discovery and Evidence, Building Your Civil Litigation Skills, National Business Institute, Indianapolis, IN, April 20, 2018.
- Protecting Your Brand with Tested Paper and Electronic Swords - Indemnity in the Electronic Age, ALFA International Product Liability and Complex Torts Regional Seminar, Milwaukee, WI, April 19, 2018.
- When Legal Nightmares Become Reality - You Mean All These People Are After US? ALFA International Product Liability and Complex Tort Seminar, Santa Barbara, CA, October 6, 2017.
- If Only I Had Been Told…A Failure To Warn Discussion: Causation, the Uncertainty Principle and the Benign Experience Principle, ALFA International, Product Liability and Complex Tort Practice Group, April 10, 2017, Panelist. Click here to view a recording of the webinar.
- E-Discovery: 10 Legal and Practical Pointers, BUSINESS LITIGATION: It’s A Team Sport!, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, February 24, 2017.
- Avalon Betterment Club, President
- Heritage Place, Board of Directors, 2013-2016
- Maximo Nivel, South America, 2009
- Special Night Out, Co-host, 2012
Aug 29, 2012
What to do when your supervising partner makes a mistake
DRI The Voice
- Sep 25, 2019
- Apr 20, 2018
- Feb 24, 2017
Seminars and Speaking Engagements
- Feb 07, 2019
- Jan 15, 2019
- Feb 15, 2017
Feb 12, 2016
Lewis Wagner Attorneys Named 2016 Rising Stars
Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine
- Aug 11, 2015
- Oct 01, 2012
- State of Indiana, 2012
Courts of Practice
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2012
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2012
- Indiana Law Review, Notes Development Editor
- Member of the Dean’s Tutorial Society
- Member of the Student Bar Association
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, B.A., Dean's List, 2007