Charles Whybrew focuses his practice in the areas of corporate and business law, civil litigation, construction law, bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, and products liability. He has represented clients in several types of matters, such as representing a public entity in a lawsuit against several non-public entities including an engineering firm, construction management firm, inspection firm and a contractor relating to $102 Million Project and representing various commercial and residential builder clients with regard to claims made by or against them relating to various commercial and residential projects. Mr. Whybrew was named a 2009 & 2010 Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine. Mr. Whybrew is actively involved in numerous not-for-profit entities including Starting Over Airedale Rescue, an all volunteer organization rescuing Airedale Terriers in the states of Indiana, Michigan and Ohio.
Charles R. WhybrewSenior Counsel
- Bieneman v. Foreman by Next Friend Foreman, No. 19A-CT-2894, WL 3865988, Indiana Court of Appeals, 2020 (memorandum decision).
- Whitesell Precision Components, Inc. v. Autoform Tool & Mfg., LLC, 110 N.E.3d 380 (Ind. Ct. App. 2018), transfer denied, 121 N.E.3d (Ind. 2019)
- Geft v. City of Indianapolis, 1:15-cv-01568, 2017 (S.D. Ind.) (Preliminary Injunction dispute involving, among other things, Geft's First Amendment Rights and its right to install digital signage on billboards).
- Trietsch v. Circle Design Group Inc., 868 N.E.2d 812 (Ind. Ct. App. 2007).
- Battema v. Booth, 853 N.E.2d 1004 (Ind. Ct. App. 2006).
- Newson v. Fenoglio, 2006 U.S. Dist. Lexis 48570 (S.D. Ind. 2006).
- Thorton-Tomasetti Eng’rs v. Indianapolis-Marion County Pub. Library, 851 N.E.2d 1269 (Ind. Ct. App. 2006).
- Mayer v. BMR Props., LLC, 830 N.E.2d 971 (Ind. Ct. App. 2005).
- Crossman Communities Inc. v. Dean, 767 N.E.2d 1035 (Ind. Ct. App. 2002).
- Sheppard v. Stanich, 749 N.E.2d 609 (Ind. Ct. App. 2001).
- United States v. Bartle, 2001 U.S. Dist. Lexis 18483 (S.D. Ind. 2001).
- United States v. Bartle, 2001 U.S. Dist. Lexis 22934 (S.D. Ind. 2001).
- Ling v. Stillwell, 732 N.E.2d 1270 (Ind. Ct. App. 2000).
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent
- Rising Stars, Indiana Super Lawyers® , 2009 - 2012
- Paws and Think, Animal Assisted Therapy
- Starting Over Airedale Rescue
- Wabash College Community Day, 2009-2010
- American Bar Association
- Indiana School of Law - Indianapolis
- Moot Court Competition Judge
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Appellate Section
- Litigation Section
- Indianapolis Association of Wabash Men
o Board Member 2013
- "COVID-10 and Force Majeure in the Manufacturing Context," The Indiana Lawyer, June 26, 2020.
- Jan 11, 2017
Oct 09, 2015
Billboard Company Suing City Over Digital Sign
Indianapolis Business Journal
- Jun 26, 2020
- State of Indiana, 1998
Courts of Practice
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1998
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2000
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Wabash College, Crawfordsville, Indiana, B.A., cum laude, 1994