An associate in Lewis Wagner’s litigation group, Katie’s focus is transportation and premises liability. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Public Administration with a minor in Spanish from Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis. Katie received her J.D. from the Indiana University Maurer School of Law, where she served as Notes and Comments Editor for the Indiana Law Journal, as well as President of the Public Interest Law Foundation. Prior to joining the firm, Katie worked as a legal intern for several organizations, including the United States Department of Transportation, Indiana Legal Services, the Federal Trade Commission, Indiana University’s Nonprofit Legal Clinic, and Indianapolis criminal defense and family law firm Ponist Law, LLC.
Katie L. EnglishAssociate
- American Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- "Is police body cam video admissible in transportation litigation?" The Indiana Lawyer, January 23, 2019.
- Conflicting Approaches to Addressing Ex-Offender Unemployment: Examining the Work Opportunity Tax Credit and Ban the Box, 93 Indiana Law Journal (2018).
- Jan 23, 2019
- Oct 22, 2018
- State of Indiana, 2018
Courts of Practice
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2018
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Indiana Law Journal, Notes and Comments Editor
- Public Interest Law Foundation, President
- Pro Bono Goal Achievement Recognition
- Leonard D. Fromm Public Interest Award
- Kenneth & Louise Yahne Public Interest Fellow
- CALI Award for Lawyering in Public Interest
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, B.S., High Distinction, 2015
- Pi Alpha Alpha Honor Society for Public Affairs, Secretary/Treasurer
- The Most Outstanding Student in Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs Award
- Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP’s Legislative Conference Scholarship