Lewis Wagner, LLP a 40-attorney law firm seeks a forward-thinking, innovative Chief Operating Officer (COO) to help guide the firm into the future with strategic vision and leadership.
Under the general direction of the Executive Committee, the COO manages the firm's day-to-day operational and administrative functions in concert with the firm’s Mission, Vision and Values (visit LewisWagner.com). This position has overall responsibility for management of staff, human resources (including benefits and payroll), risk management, facilities, information and technology systems, records, and marketing. This position works closely and collaborates with the Chief Financial Officer on financial, reporting, budgeting, time, billing and accounting issues. Incumbent serves as a non-voting member of the Executive Committee and shares responsibility with the partners for strategic and tactical planning. Work is performed with independence and latitude in developing methods and procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of a legal or other professional service organization and have experience managing business operations and will be expected to:
· identify and analyze complex issues then develop and implement solutions;
· make sound business decisions with independent judgment and initiative;
· set priorities and appropriately delegate authority and responsibility;
· manage office functions effectively, efficiently and economically;
· encourage camaraderie between staff and attorneys;
· promote the firm’s collegial and inclusive culture;
· function as a hands-on team member willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Qualifications for the position are:
· A degree in business administration or related field and five years of experience in general management, ideally in a professional services firm; or, an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Knowledge of leading, planning and managing in a client-oriented setting.
· Ability to develop and supervise a team of functional specialists.
· Skilled in change management.
We anticipate the selected candidate will start August 1, 2019. Send resume and salary expectation to Debra Shrum at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Lewis Wagner, LLP
Attn: Debra Shrum
501 Indiana Ave., Ste 200
Indianapolis, IN 46202-6150
Lewis Wagner is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.