Since its inception, the law firm of Lewis Wagner has been committed to diversity and inclusion. Diversity is one of our founding principles and an integral part of our firm culture.
We are proud that our firm’s story begins with being one of the first racially-integrated law firms in Indianapolis. Our commitment to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace continues to be a priority in the firm’s culture.
We believe that diversity of people, ideas and experience yield innovative results for our clients and fosters a more rewarding work environment. In furtherance of this objective, Lewis Wagner has consistently outperformed our peers in the recruiting, hiring and promotion of female attorneys and attorneys of diverse backgrounds.
Our diversity efforts are supported internally through the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, which implements programs, initiatives and events to promote the firm’s ongoing commitments. The committee, made up of attorneys, paralegals and staff members, oversees the firm’s efforts to foster an inclusive work environment, recruit and retain talent, and sponsor diversity programs and events in our community. We conduct regular training and host a variety of internal events each year to ensure all firm members are cognizant of these important initiatives.
We believe our firm should reflect the diversity of the community in which we practice. We are an ardent sponsor of and participant in the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Diversity Job Fair, which presents job opportunities for future attorneys from historically underrepresented backgrounds. Our attorneys are also involved in local, state and national organizations to promote diversity and inclusion in the legal profession.
Recognition and Sponsorships:
- Indiana Minority Business Magazine Champions of Diversity Award
- Mayor of Indianapolis Celebration of Diversity Award for Workforce Development
- DRI - The Voice of the Defense Bar, the single largest defense attorney association in the world with over 22,000 attorneys representing thousands of law firms, Law Firm Diversity Award
- Indiana Lawyer's Diversity in Practice Award Finalist
- Indiana State Bar Association's 2006 Rabb Emison Award for its commitment to promote diversity and equality in the legal profession
Look for Lewis Wagner at the following events:
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Indiana Annual Banquet
- DRI Women in the Law Seminar
- Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration Annual Luncheon
- Indiana Black Expo Corporate Lunch
- Indianapolis Bar Association's Diversity Job Fair
- Indiana University McKinney School of Law Annual Diversity Dinner
- Indy Pride Festival
- Power of Women’s Fund Philanthropy Event