Agricultural & Environmental Law
From defending agricultural operations against negligence, nuisance and trespass claims to representing farmers and property owners in environmental enforcement proceedings, our agricultural and environmental law professionals have the experience to guide clients through these often complex areas of law. Our lawyers have represented large agricultural operations, land owners and individual farmers against neighboring property owners and governmental agencies, including the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Indiana Department of Environmental Management and the Department of Natural Resources.
Our agricultural and environmental practice focuses on:
- Cost recovery and environmental cleanup efforts
- Sudden and accidental farm pollution
- Confined feeding and other agricultural compliance and agency enforcement actions
- Agricultural transactions, regulatory compliance and enforcement matters
- Defense of animal feeding operations in litigation arising from claims of common law nuisance and trespass.
- Defense of property owners from EPA and IDEM administrative and enforcement activities
- Working with environmental consultants to investigate and remediate contaminated property