Michael R. GiordanoAssociate
Michael is an associate in Lewis Wagner’s litigation group where he concentrates his practice in insurance coverage defense and bad-faith litigation. Michael evaluates first- and third-party insurance claims in order to assist insurers in resolving coverage-related matters in a prompt and efficient manner. He also defends insurers against bad-faith claims arising under both personal lines and commercial lines policies. Michael graduated magna cum laude from the University of South Carolina in 2010 with a Bachelor of Arts in criminal justice. He earned his Juris Doctor from the Indiana University Maurer School of Law. Michael is admitted to practice in the State of Indiana and before the United States District Courts for Northern Indiana and Southern Indiana.
- Rising Stars, Indiana Super Lawyers®, 2017
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Member of Executive Committee of Insurance Coverage Section
- Legal Lines Volunteer
- 2014 - present
- 2014 - present
- “Indiana Supreme Court Denies Transfer of Case Holding That Insurer Has No Duty to Defend Additional Insured Until Named Insured Satisfies Self-Insured Retention,” Lewis Wagner Insurance Law Alert, November 13, 2017.
- “Where tortfeasor's insurer denied coverage because of his breach of cooperation clause, the tortfeasor was considered "uninsured motorist" to allow plaintiff to recover uninsured motorist benefits,” Lewis Wagner Insurance Law Alert, October 9, 2017.
- "In an unpublished decision, Court of Appeals enforces property policy language limiting insurer coverage obligation to actual cash value of destroyed home," Lewis Wagner Insurance Law Alert, June 13, 2017.
- "Court holds that death resulting from road-rage incident did not arise out of the use of the insured's auto," Lewis Wagner Insurance Law Alert, April 27, 2017.
- Indianapolis 500 Parade Committee, Member
- 2013, 2015
- Sep 12, 2016
- Feb 15, 2017
- Aug 11, 2015
- Feb 18, 2014
- Indiana, 2013
Courts of Practice
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2014
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Michael and Janie Maurer Scholarship
- Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, B.A., magna cum laude, 2010
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society