Janelle is a senior associate in Lewis Wagner’s complex litigation group where she concentrates her practice in the defense of mass torts and consumer class actions. Janelle has litigated product liability, consumer fraud, false advertising, and deceptive marketing claims. She also has experience representing clients in investigations and enforcement proceedings involving various governmental agencies, most recently the Federal Trade Commission. Janelle handles cases around the country in both state and federal court, and her experience extends to actions consolidated by the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation. Since joining the Firm in 2012, Janelle has been instrumental in preparing and presenting several mock trials and focus group presentations in complex and serious injury cases. In the mass tort context, she has helped design, develop and maintain a sophisticated online platform for the creation of a meaningful settlement matrix. Janelle earned her J.D. cum laude from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where she served as the Notes Development Editor for the Indiana Law Review.
Janelle P. KiliesAssociate
- Rising Stars, Indiana Super Lawyers®, 2016-2018
- Law Student of the Year, Indianapolis Bar Association, 2012
- American Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Attorney Networking Committee
- Executive Board Member of the Young Lawyers Division, 2013-2016
- Executive Student Board Member, 2009-2012
- Legal Lines Volunteer
- "Discover a way to avoid the document dump," The Indiana Lawyer, February 7, 2018.
- “What to Do When Your Supervising Partner Makes a Mistake,” DRI: The Voice, August 29, 2012.
- “How to Scale the Tower of Babble,” DRI: The Whisper (Volume 8, Issue 2) (co-author), 2012.
- How to Apply Rules to Discovery and Evidence, Building Your Civil Litigation Skills, National Business Institute, Indianapolis, IN, April 20, 2018.
- Protecting Your Brand with Tested Paper and Electronic Swords - Indemnity in the Electronic Age, ALFA International Product Liability and Complex Torts Regional Seminar, Milwaukee, WI, April 19, 2018.
- When Legal Nightmares Become Reality - You Mean All These People Are After US? ALFA International Product Liability and Complex Tort Seminar, Santa Barbara, CA, October 6, 2017.
- If Only I Had Been Told…A Failure To Warn Discussion: Causation, the Uncertainty Principle and the Benign Experience Principle, ALFA International, Product Liability and Complex Tort Practice Group, April 10, 2017, Panelist.
- E-Discovery: 10 Legal and Practical Pointers, BUSINESS LITIGATION: It’s A Team Sport!, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, February 24, 2017.
- Avalon Betterment Club, President
- Heritage Place, Board of Directors, 2013-2016
- Maximo Nivel, South America, 2009
- Special Night Out, Co-host, 2012
Aug 29, 2012
What to do when your supervising partner makes a mistake
DRI The Voice
- Apr 20, 2018
- Feb 24, 2017
Seminars and Speaking Engagements
- Feb 15, 2017
Feb 12, 2016
Lewis Wagner Attorneys Named 2016 Rising Stars
Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine
- Aug 11, 2015
- Oct 01, 2012
- State of Indiana, 2012
Courts of Practice
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2012
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2012
- Indiana Law Review, Notes Development Editor
- Member of the Dean’s Tutorial Society
- Member of the Student Bar Association
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, B.A., Dean's List, 2007