Lesley focuses her practice on Transportation, Premises Liability Defense and Civil Litigation Defense. Her primary practice is representing commercial carriers and commercial drivers in catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases. She also defends clients in motor vehicle accidents and premises liability cases. Prior to her legal career, Lesley attended the Indiana University Kelley School of Business. Upon completion, she obtained her J.D. from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law.
Lesley A. PflegingPartner
The plaintiff owned property across the street and downhill from our client’s property in Danville, IN. Our client undertook construction activities on his property, including the addition of commercial buildings and paved parking lots. Sometime after construction began, the plaintiff alleged that her property began to flood when it rained and that the flooding caused structural damage to her home. Plaintiff attributed this flooding and the resulting damage to her property, in part, to our client’s construction, and argued that he was liable under a theory of negligence. On summary judgment, we argued that the common enemy doctrine, which protects those who erect obstructions that affect surface water, precluded the plaintiff’s claims. Plaintiff responded by filing her own motion for summary judgment, alleging a series of purported issues of fact. Following oral arguments, the Court agreed that the common enemy doctrine applied. In doing so, the Court denied plaintiff’s motion for summary judgment, and granted summary judgment for our client.
- Canterburys v. American Legion Post No. 507, Ridgeville, Indiana and Ridgeville, Indiana Post No. 507, Inc.
- Crawfordsville Square LLC v. Monroe Guaranty Insurance Company, 906 N.E.2d 934 (Ind. Ct. App. 2009).
- Hall v. Four M LLC, 2009, WL 5818164
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Rated AV
- Listed In Rising Stars, Indiana Super Lawyers©, 2013-2017
- Top 40 Litigation Lawyers Under 40 for the State of Indiana, American Society of Legal Advocates 2013-2015
- Up & Coming Lawyer, The Indiana Lawyer, 2014
- ALFA International
- Transportation Practice Group
- Women Initiative Practice Group
- American Bar Association
- American Society of Legal Advocates
- Defense Research Institute
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis American Inns of Court
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Legal Lines Volunteer
- Member, Bar Leader Series XI, 2014
- "Transportation Practice Group" ALFA International, Go Team Editor, 2017.
- “Transportation Practice Group Seminar” ALFA International, Course Book Editor, 2013, 2014.
- “A Look at Treating Physician Disclosures Under Federal Rule 26(a)(2) and Indiana Trial rule 26 (B)(4),” Indiana Civil Litigation Review, Volume VIII, 2011.
- Strategies for Selecting a Reptile Proof Jury, ALFA International Transportation Seminar, Scottsdale, AZ, May 10 - 12, 2017, Panelist.
- Medicare Set-Asides and Liens 101, Personal Injury Claims: The Insurance Defense Perspective, National Business Institute, August 21, 2015.
- Resolving All Claims, ALFA International Transportation Practice Group Mini Seminar, November 20, 2013.
- Common Problems in Resolving Transportation Claims; Managing Costs Intelligently, ALFA International Transportation Practice Group Mini Seminar, Chattanooga, TN, November 7, 2012.
- Giving Sum, Inc.
- Member, 2008 – 2013
- Member, Board of Directors 2012 - 2013
- Vice President, 2010 - 2012
- Young Professionals Central Indiana, November 2009 – 2013
Jul 15, 2015
Women Leading the Way in Law Firms
The Indiana Lawyer
- May 10, 2017
Seminars and Speaking Engagements
- Feb 15, 2017
Feb 12, 2016
Lewis Wagner Attorneys Named 2016 Rising Stars
Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine
Feb 13, 2015
Nine Lewis Wagner Attorneys Named Indiana Rising Stars
Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine
- Jan 01, 2015
- Apr 23, 2014
- State of Indiana, 2007
Courts of Practice
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2007
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, B.S., 2003