Daun A. WelieverPartner
In over 20 years as a practicing attorney in Indianapolis, Daun has had the privilege to be involved in a wide variety of cases. Her extensive trial experience includes over 20 successful automobile and premises liability jury trials and numerous bench trials in both State and Federal courts throughout Indiana. This experience has earned her recent election to membership of the American Board of Trial Attorneys.
Daun’s practice also includes complex family law matters. She has handled both contentious and amicable family law matters including: dissolution of marriage, paternity, child custody, child support, and visitation cases. Daun understands the emotional impact these matters have on all parties and their children. She is also trained in the Collaborative Family Law model of resolving family law issues. This model minimizes conflict and embraces transparency to lessen the mental and emotional damage divorce can cause and give both parties control over the process. Whether a client chooses the traditional or collaborative approach to resolving their family law matter, Daun approaches all cases with compassion and strives to minimize conflict whenever possible. However, when necessary, Daun’s trial experience affords her the opportunity to provide effective representation in the Court setting.
Daun prides herself in developing a rapport with clients, while providing a complete understanding of each case and the effective, timely resolution of disputes. Her straight-forward, honest style has earned the respect of colleagues and clients, as well as a reputation for being a reliable and competent ally.
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Defense Research Institute
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Marion County Judicial Nominating Commission, 1994-1996
- Sagamore American Inn of Court, 1998-2000
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Project Peace, 1999-2000
- Protective Order Pro Bono Project, 2004
- State of Indiana, 1990
Courts of Practice
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1990
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, B.S., 1986