Kyle brings an energetic, enthusiastic dynamic to the practice of law and representation of his clients. He focuses his practice on all aspects of litigation, including personal injury, product liability, construction and premises liability cases. In addition, he regularly advises and represents insurance companies across the country in environmental and agricultural insurance coverage matters, and represents agricultural operations, farmers and property owners in both the defense of lawsuits and administrative actions. Kyle has tried numerous cases throughout Indiana, and is at his best advocating in a court of law. He has authored numerous articles in state and national legal publications in areas ranging from substantive tort and evidentiary law to trial tactics, and is a frequent lecturer on a variety of legal issues, ranging from environmental coverage issues, pre-trial investigation and discovery, effective presentation of evidence at trial, medical records, trial tactics and ethics. Kyle is an active member of the Defense Research Institute and Indianapolis Bar Association.
Kyle A. LansberryPartner
Defense of trespass, conversion and fraud claims against utility company regarding scope of utility easements
Plaintiff is the owner of property subject to two utility easements held by defendant Utility Company. Utility Company contracted with defendant Tree Company to trim and remove trees on Plaintiff’s property that were interfering with the electrical lines. After several trees were trimmed and/or removed, Plaintiff filed this lawsuit alleging trespass, conversion and fraud on the part of the defendants as a result of the work performed on the property. Plaintiff argued the Defendants’ actions were done without Plaintiff’s consent and exceeded the authority granted by the easements.
Lewis Wagner, LLP represented both Defendants and moved for summary judgment, contending that the Defendants had the legal right to maintain the electrical line on Plaintiff’s property pursuant to the easements. The defense further maintained that Plaintiff’s consent was not required for the services performed on his property. The Court agreed, and found that the Defendants had lawfully entered Plaintiff’s property and acted in accordance with the easements in performing tree maintenance for the preservation of the electrical line. The Court granted summary judgment for the Defendants as to all Counts of Plaintiff’s Complaint. Plaintiff did not appeal.
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV
- Listed In The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Litigation - Environmental, 2013-2017
- Listed In Indiana Super Lawyers©, 2013-2017
- Listed In Rising Stars, Indiana Super Lawyers©, 2011-2012
- 2005 Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, Indianapolis Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Trial Tactics Executive Committee, 2008 - 2011
- Damages Seminar Planning Committee, 2008 - 2011
- Young Lawyers, Executive Committee, 1999 - 2007
- Insurance Law Committee
- Products Liability Committee
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Products Liability
- Trial Tactics
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Professionalism Committee, 2008
- Young Lawyers—Executive Committee, 2000 - 2007
- Vice President/Board of Managers, 2005
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Distinguished Fellow
- Deposition Boot Camp, Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, Chicago, IL, June 12 – 13, 2017, Faculty Member.
- Enhancing Your Trial Skills: Billings v. Pearson - A Case of Alleged Cyber-Bullying, DRI Trial Tactics, Las Vegas, NV, March 15 - 17, 2017, Program Chair.
- Skillful Use of Objections From Jury Selection to Closing Argument, May It Please the Court: Effective Case Presentation at Trial, National Business Institute, June 24, 2015.
- How to Research, Precise Juror Questions and Strategic Use of Challenges Can Help You Win at Trial, Voir Dire and Jury Selection, National Business Institute, November 22, 2013.
- Litigating Slip, Trip and Fall Cases in Indiana, National Business Institute, March 27, 2013.
- Handling the Auto Injury Claim, National Business Institute, 2011.
- Mar 15, 2017
Seminars and Speaking Engagements
- Feb 15, 2017
- Aug 15, 2016
Feb 12, 2016
Lewis Wagner Attorneys Selected by Indiana Super Lawyers as Top Attorneys
Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine
- Aug 17, 2015
- Feb 13, 2015
- Aug 18, 2014
- Feb 12, 2014
- Aug 15, 2013
- Mar 16, 2012
- Jan 04, 2011
- State of Indiana, 1998
Courts of Practice
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1998
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana, B.S., cum laude, 1995